This section contains articles that describe some of the basic concepts that are used when developing an application. The articles mainly take a deeper look into the concepts which is introduced in Getting Started. It is also advised to start there for users with no previous experience with TouchGFX.
The articles about application development are split into this section which describes, the basic concepts for developing an application and Advanced Application Development.
- The Screen Concept and Model-View-Presenter describe the concept of "screens" which is used to handle the UI elements and their associated business logic. The article also describes the Model-View-Presenter concept designed to handle the graphical elements in the UI, reacting to changes and maintaining the UI state permanently.
- Key View Concepts describe the basic concepts which are used to include UI elements in an application.
- Using texts and fonts discusses the usage of text in an application, which includes the use of different fonts, language, and wildcard characters.
- Application and UI Templates describe how to use the templates in the TouchGFX designer, which helps with obtaining boards support packages as well as examples and demos. The article also gives a brief insight into what the templates consist off.
- Using Images shows how to integrate images in an application, both as a stand-alone widget and incorporated in other widgets. The article also demonstrates how to both use the images that the TouchGFX Designer provides, and how to import external images.
- Setting up Interactions describes the concepts of interactions, which for example enables a button press to hide an image.
- Mixins and ClickListener describes the concept of mixins, which adds different functionalities to a widget. The article takes a deeper look into the mixin ClickListener and illustrates how to use it in an application.
- Containers and Custom Containers discuss the widget container and custom container and provide an example for how too create and use a custom container.
- Tips & tricks consist of small articles with information that can be helpful while developing an application.